Dr. James Shaw is a native Kansan, originally from Wichita. He is a graduate of the University of Kansas and received his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Kansas School of Medicine. He did his General Surgery training at the University of Kansas School of Medicine - Wichita(UKSM-W) campus, working primarily at Wesley Medical Center and St. Francis Hospital. His plastic surgery training was completed at the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. Click to listen to Dr. Shaw on B98 Radio.
After completion of his residency training, Dr. Shaw returned to Wichita to join the Plastic Surgery Center. He began practicing in 1995. He was certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery in 1997, and updated this certification in 2007. As a clinical assistant professor for the Department of Surgery, he participates in the education and training of surgical residents at the University of Kansas School of Medicine - Wichita(UKSM-W).
Dr. Shaw primarily focuses on cosmetic breast surgery, body contouring surgery and facial cosmetic surgery. He also sees patients for reconstructive surgery - most commonly skin cancer procedures and breast reconstruction following mastectomy. He performs the majority of his procedures in the ambulatory surgery facility attached to the Plastic Surgery Center. He is also on staff at Cypress Surgery Center, Kansas Surgery and Recovery Center, Kansas Medical Center in Andover and Wesley Medical Center. He maintains courtesy privileges at Derby Ambulatory Surgery Center and Promise Regional Medical Center in Hutchinson.
Dr. Shaw is an active member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the Kansas Medical Society and the Medical Society of Sedgwick County.
Dr. Shaw's Education and Surgical Training:
- University of Kansas, B.A. 1984
- University of Kansas School of Medicine, M.D. 1988
- General Surgery Residency, University of Kansas, Wichita, KS, 1992
- Plastic Surgery Residency, University of Texas Medical Branch, 1995
Dr. Shaw's Accomplishments:
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery at the University of Kansas School of Medicine - Wichita
Dr. Shaw's Membership & Certifications:
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Member
- American Board of Plastic Surgery, Diplomate
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Medical Society of Sedgwick Society
- Kansas Medical Society