Dr. Bruce Ferris began practicing in 1976. He is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and a fellow in the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Ferris specializes in all aspects of cosmetic and reconstructive surgery including facial rejuvenation, breast aesthetics and body contouring.
For as many years as the list (dating back to 1996), Dr. Ferris has again been chosen by a peer review of thousands of doctors spanning dozens of medical specialties to be on The Best Doctors® of America list. The list profiles Wichita-area physicians and Best Doctors surveys their colleagues in a quest to find the best 5 percent of physicians in the nation. This list is published in the Wichita Business Journal.
In addition to his work at the Plastic Surgery Center, Dr. Ferris has completed 16 medical trips over 12 years for Operation Smile where he has repaired the congenital defects of hundreds of children all over the world. Operation Smile - through the help of dedicated medical volunteers - provides free surgeries to repair cleft lip, cleft palate and other facial deformities for children around the globe. Click here to see a picture of Dr. Ferris with Operation Smile.
Because of Dr. Ferris' dedication to helping others, he was chosen by HCA Wesley as the Frist Humanitarian Award winner. He was then selected as one of two physician national finalists; he was chosen from over 225 national nominations to be distinguished as one of two finalists with HCA (Hospital Corporation America). The Frist Humanitarian Award is in honor of Dr. Thomas Frist Senior (1910-1998) and awarded to people who show "remarkable concern for the welfare and happiness of patients, demonstrate an extraordinary commitment to community service, motivate others to care for the community and people in need, and lastly, demonstrate modesty and genuine humility."
Dr. Ferris is a clinical assistant professor for the Department of Surgery, and participates in the education and training of surgical residents at University of Kansas School of Medicine - Wichita(UKSM-W).
Dr. Ferris' Education and Surgical Training:
- University of Kansas, B.A. 1965
- University of Kansas School of Medicine, M.D. 1969
- General Surgery Residency, St. Francis Hospital, Wichita, KS, 1969-1974
- Plastic Surgery Residency, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, 1974-1976
Dr. Ferris' Accomplishments:
- Voted one of the Best Doctors® in Wichita - and the only plastic surgeon to be honored.
- Past President of the Medical Staff, St. Francis Regional Medical Center
- Past Chairman, Department of Surgery, St. Francis Regional Medical Center
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery, University of Kansas School of Medicine
- The American Board of Plastic Surgeons, Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Outstanding Intern, St. Francis Hospital, 1970
Dr. Ferris' Membership & Certifications:
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Member
- American Board of Plastic Surgery, Diplomate
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Surgery of the Hand
- Medical Society of Sedgwick County
- Western Trauma Association